My Lovely Followers

Saturday 6 May 2017

For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory - Cocktail Party - DT Card Sunset Cocktails

Good Morning Everyone!

Here is my first Design Team card I am sharing with you featuring the new stamp set Cocktail Party by For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory. These new release stamps are being shown on Create and Craft throughout today and tomorrow so tune in for beautiful stamps and fab inspiration :)



Products Used:
Cocktail Party Stamp Set by For the Love of Stamps by Hunkydory  
7” x 7” card blank
6 ½” x 6 ½” BeautifullyBright Perfect Backgrounds Stamping Pad
5 ½” x 4 ½” Ink Me! Stamping Card 
Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad,  
Black Liquid Ink Roller Pen - Precision Tip 
Distress Ink – Picked raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber 
Watercolour brush, 
Plastic cellophane packaging,
Water spritzer

1” Fiskars circle punch

 Tape and Foam Pads 

I used a smooshing technique to create the background (which I read about in Making Cards Magazine!) – where you swipe Distress Ink across plastic and spray with water. I could only find cellophane plastic so used this. Then I placed the card onto the ink and press in (smooshing) to make the pattern, drying and repeating as necessary to build up colour. The cellophane in crinkly which made the lines, a happy accident which I love!
I stamped the glasses and accessories, coloured using the Distress ink, blending tool and watercolour brush, then cut out and assemble onto background. 
Thanks for looking and don't forget to tune into the For the Love of Stamps shows! Show times are: Today at 9am, 12pm, 5pm and 11pm. On Sunday they are on at 1am, 6am, 11am, 6pm and10pm (some might be repeats - took times off Create and Craft TV Schedule)

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: