My Lovely Followers

Friday 13 October 2017

Imagine Design Create Guest Deisgn Team Stencilled Birthday Balloon Card – Sunset

Hello Everyone 


Today I am sharing a card I made with the cute Birthday Balloons Stencil and the Reach for the Stars stamp set. I knew as soon as I received this stencil I wanted to make a beautiful sunset to contrast against the silhouettes of the balloons. 
Check out the Original Blog Post here!


 I have also used: 
A4 White Cardstock: 300 gsm – one sheet scored in half other trimmed to fit 

Distress Oxides: Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber and Black Soot  

Blending tool, water mister and an acrylic block 

To start I used my blending tool to blend the sunset inks across the trimmed card starting from the lightest colour to darkest.
 

I then sprayed and flicked water across the page, blotted with a tissue and left to dry. 


I stamped the sentiment across the bottom of the page. Then somehow got black ink in the middle of the page! So this is where I decided the balloons needed to go! Using the blending tool I inked through the stencil. 


I moved the stencil and inked the single balloon above the others. Then on the folded card blank I inked around the edges to create a border for the finished card.  



Different layouts and colours would be interesting to see in this fun sunset card. I love the idea of Birthday Balloons flying high to finish the days celebrations! 

For more ideas and inspiration from my fellow DT colleagues, please visit the Imagine Design Create website!

 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial,

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

1 comment:

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Schitterende kaart. Echt tof

Awesome card. Well done
xx
Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be