My Lovely Followers

Friday 3 November 2017

Imagine Design Create Guest Design Team Shaker Card using Birthday Balloons Stencil

Hello Everyone 

Today I am sharing a card I made with the cute Birthday Balloons Stencil. I had an idea to create a shaker card in rich gold and purple colours for a special birthday. 

View the original post can be found here!


I have also used: 
6” x 6” Card Blank 
Gold Mirror Card 
Purple Paper from my scrap stash 
Happy word die, Stitched Square Die 
Acetate, Double Sided Tape, Foam Pads, PVA glue 
Blending tool 
Sequins, Gold thread 
 To start cut all my card and papers down to size, die cut the elements and traced round the Birthday Balloon single Balloon Stencil on the off cut purple paper. 

I then put a square of acetate to the gold frame, added foam pads to the back and piled up my sequins ready to make the shaker window element. 

Once I was happy I put the shaper window in place and then cut out the traced balloons. 


 I then inked the edges to the balloons and half of the die cut happy word using a blending tool with the Distress Ink. I added a gold thread round the balloon bases and used foam pads to attach these to the winder shaker window. To finish I used PVA glue to stick the happy word to the card and hold the thread in place.  


Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, shaker cards are fun to make and special to receive! 
 

Thanks for stopping by, 
Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: