My Lovely Followers

Friday 13 April 2018

Diamond Dream and Wish Tags using Distress Spray Stains - Guest Design Team Project for Imagine Design Create

 Hello Everyone,

Today I am sharing some tags I have made using the pattern stamp set Diamond Mix and a sentiment from Never Stop Making Wishes by Imagine Design Create . I have used Distress Spray Stains and Distress Oxides for these tags.
You can view the original blog post here!  


I have also used:
2” x 3.5” White Card with the end punched into a tag shape
Distress Spray Stains: Picked Raspberry, Antiqued Bronze and Picket Fence
Distress Oxide Ink: Walnut Stain, water filled brush, Blending Tool
Bakers Twine, White Gel Pen, Gems


I stamped the four diamond stamp onto the tags in different places using the Oxide ink, the sprayed the tags with the three different Spray Stains to blend them together.

 
I inked up the large solid diamond gently to give it a distressed look, so the stamp is not totally covered in the ink. Then use the water brush to blend a little. 


I stamped the sentiment in the Oxide ink where there was a kind of gap in the design and then once dry added some white gel pen to highlight the words. I cut the bakers twine to length and sprayed this with the pink stain to create matching coloured twine.



To finish I blended the Oxide ink around the edges of the tags and added some pink and gold gems randomly to give the tags a bit of sparkle.
In hindsight I might have tried stamping the sentiment in a different colour to make it stand out more but I happy with the overall result.


Thanks for stopping by,
Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: