My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Fiskarettes UK Design Team Altered Bottle using In Bloom and Intricate Daisy Punch

Good Evening Everyone! 

Today I can announce I have been asked back as a Fiskarette for a 4 month term and am sharing my Fiskarettes UK Design Team Altered Bottle which I made using punches for the flowers. This was an experimental piece which was so much fun to make! 


I started with a mini wine bottle, washed and removed the label ready for decorating.


I painted the bottle in gesso, then used hot glue to attach a broken necklace, and covered in gesso again.


I punched out some flowers using the In Bloom Squeeze Punch and Intricate Daisy Punch, and used a ball tool to shape.


I used hot glue to attach and painted these in gesso to make them more substantial. 


I then used Distress Stains to drip blue and green colour from the top of the bottle and used a pink Distress Spray Stain overtop. 


Once dry I turned the bottle upside down and repeated the staining process. I did this a few times until I was happy with the colours and used a brush to add more colour to certain areas.


I flicked white acrylic paint across the bottle and added some pearl beads for the finishing touches to the flowers.


More inspiration can be found on the facebook Fiskarettes UK page and on Instagram!
Thanks for looking, 

Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: